The nominee for this category will have demonstrated outstanding work in supporting the organisation to provide an environment where individuals are able to live their lives to the full in a comfortable and pleasant setting. This will involve:
- supporting individuals to make decisions about their surroundings
- where appropriate working with individuals to support them to maintain, develop or regain the skills to manage their own environment and take control of their daily living activities
- recognising the importance of practical issues and the atmosphere within the setting
- working effectively as a team member and role model
- promoting the uniqueness of each individual and respecting their ownership of their personal environment
Examples of the nominees work should be recorded, together with outcomes.