This award has two categories. The first (Award No.5) is for Managers of community based services, such as Domiciliary care providers or small group homes.The second (Award No.6) is for managers of larger settings, such as larger establishments providing residential or nursing care provision.
Managers nominated for this category will:
- lead their team to deliver best practice using leadership skills and role modelling.
- research current and emerging practice and base their systems and procedures on evidence based practice.
- keep abreast of WAG policy and the legislative framework relevant to their area of practice (such as the Social Services and Well-being Act (2014) which came into force in April 2016).
- make good use of Care Council for Wales Codes of Practice and Induction Framework
- work within relevant professional Codes of Conduct.
- support the team to develop into reflective practitioners who question, challenge and place the people who use services and the key people in their lives at the centre of service provision.
Supporting evidence could be in the form of testimony from people using services, colleagues and practitioners from the community. It may be useful to include information from recent inspection reports.
Sponsored by Christie & Co.