The person nominated will:
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature and impact of mental health issues on individuals
- understand the impact of dementia upon the key people in individuals lives
- keep abreast of emerging practice
- understand the importance of person centred care and the biographical model of practice
- challenge outdated or poor attitudes and practices
- work to support individuals and their families to take as much control over their lives as they are willing or able to
- act as a role model to colleagues, and
- promote the respect, dignity and wellbeing of individuals using services in all of their work.
Examples of the nominees work should be recorded, together with outcomes.