The person nominated will:
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature and impact of mental health issues on individuals
- understand the impact of dementia upon the key people in individuals lives
- keep abreast of emerging practice
- actively promote the importance of person centred care and the biographical model of practice
challenge outdated or poor attitudes and practices
- work to support individuals and their families to take as much control over their lives as they are willing or able to
- act as a role model to colleagues, and
- promote the respect, dignity and wellbeing of individuals using services in all aspects of their work.
Examples of the nominees work should be recorded, together with outcomes.
Sponsored by All Care South Wales & College Fields Nursing Home