This person will strive to make a difference to the life experiences of the people with whom they work. They will:
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature and impact of mental health issues on individuals and the key people in their lives
- keep abreast of emerging practice
- challenge outdated or poor attitudes and practices
- work to support individuals and their families to take as much control over their lives as they are willing or able to
- act as a role model to colleagues, continuously promoting person / child centred ways of working in the organisation, and
- promoting the respect, dignity and wellbeing of individuals using services in all of their work.
Examples of the nominees work should be recorded, together with outcomes.