The individual nominated for the award may be a strategic worker, who:
- ensures staff are skilled and working to ensure good end of life palliative care in available in their setting.
- is aware of The Palliative and End of Life Delivery Plan and be able to discuss the way their organisation manages good quality palliative and end of life care
- is skilled at multi professional working
- may be a specialist i.e. paediatrics, pain control, older people
- will have examples of excellence in own practice, and
- in influencing / instigating best practice in the work of others
The nominee may also be a care worker who has demonstrated he or she:
- uses a holistic approach
- has the knowledge and practices to maintain e.g. pain control, dignity, and a peaceful death
- is able to provide examples of evidence based practice and,
- is able to reflect on the way they have used their skills and knowledge to support the individual and those close to them throughout this time.
Sponsor Hallmark Care Homes