This award has two categories. The first (Award No.3) is for Managers of community based services, such as Domiciliary care providers or small group homes. The second (Award No.4) is for managers of larger settings, such as larger establishments providing residential or nursing care provision.
Managers nominated for this category will:
- lead their team to deliver best practice using their leadership skills and role modelling to embed citizen led practice.
- research current and emerging practice and base their systems and procedures on evidence based practice.
- keep abreast of Welsh Government Policy and the legislative framework relevant to their area of practice and be able to speak about the way they have embedded change into policy and practice
- follow Social Care Wales Practice Guidance and promote the use of Social Care Wales Codes of Professional Practice and Induction Framework in their setting
- work within all relevant professional Codes of Conduct.
- support the team to develop into reflective practitioners who question, challenge and place the people who use services and the key people in their lives at the centre of service provision.
Supporting evidence could be in the form of testimony from people using services, colleagues and practitioners from the community. It may be useful to include information from recent inspection reports.
Sponsored by Cartref Ni & Zenergi Ltd